Monday, December 31st, 2012...11:30 am
The Anthology’s Top Ten Most Ridiculous Moments of 2012
If 2011 was the year of Miss America, friendly Sasquatches and granny nighties, then 2012 was all about psychedelic wine, chest hair and grown men singing “MMMBop.” Herewith, The Anthology’s top ten most ridiculous moments of the past year.
10. The epic battle of Kelsey Dundon vs. the mic pack before a segment on CTV Morning Live in which the mic pack won.
9. The series I hosted for Vitamin Daily and Tourism Kelowna in which we treated wine-making with the stoicism it deserves.
8. The ridiculously fun Social Feed x The Anthology event where we wined and dined in support of Dress for Success Vancouver. The event sold out ridiculously fast — faster in fact than any Social Feed before it. You guys are the best! (Photos by superstar photographer Maurice Li.)
7. A trip to New York in which my girlfriends and I discovered just how far you can walk in 5-inch heels. (All the way across the Brooklyn Bridge, apparently.)
6. Then there’s the trip to Seattle in which my ladyfriends and I ate everything but cheesecake.
5. A lifestyle segment I did for PC Home’s Terra Gear on CTV in which host Aamer Haleem camped out on set.
Which brings me to number 4. Camping on the ridiculously beautiful Oregon Coast, where I failed miserably in my attempt at lumberjacking.
3. The fleeting moment in which photographer Barry Gnyp’s dog Lola agreed to pose for the Freedman Shoes SS/12 Campaign (which I directed) and the even more fleeting moment in which she posed exactly like the made-of-newspaper dog.
2. The time I scouted some of the best dressed festival goers at Coachella. And yes, this guy made the list.
1. Though really, for me, 2012 will always be the year I met Hanson at the PNE. Grown men singing “MMMbop?” Ridiculously irresistible.
Happy New Year, friends! See you in 2013!